Potsdam is Berlin’s most popular day-trip destination and for good reason. It’s a veritable playground for biking with many Prussian and Cold War sights tucked deep in parks and along quiet alleyways. Come prepared for an action-filled day!
We start by taking the train our TV Tower shop for the 25+km journey to Potsdam, where our bikes are waiting for you. In 6.5 - 7 hours, including transport time, our tour covers about 16 km (10 miles) so there is a bit more biking than our other Berlin tours. However, Potsdam is also quite flat with lots of sights and stops.
Here are some of the many reasons why we think you’ll love our Gardens & Palaces of Potsdam Bike Tour:
* Realizing that with its 20+ palaces, numerous parks and gardens, unique WWII and Cold War role in history, and distinct present-day flair, that Potsdam is far more than the “Versailles of Berlin”, but rather earning of its UNESCO World Heritage status in many ways.
* Appreciating the power, lifestyle, and grandeur of the Hohenzollern legacy through their various lavish gardens, parks, and palaces.
* Understanding the impact the Potsdam Agreement at Cecilienhof had on Europe to close out World War II foreshadowing an era of tension and distrust in the ensuing Cold War. Entry and audio guide into Cecilienhof Palace are included and we give you plenty of time to explore the interior!
* Comparing the Potsdam of today - a vibrant university city filled with creative minds and energy - within the backdrop of life under communism behind the Iron Curtain.
* At the end of our tour we will journey on the train back to our shop in Alexanderplatz.
Booking a Private Tour is fast, easy, and a great value. It takes only a few minutes to book online and you will receive a confirmation instantly. Just click “Reserve Now,” select your tour date and number of participants, and choose from the available times to start your tour. As soon as your click “Book it” you will be shown the best-priced option for your group to review before purchasing. Once you complete your online booking you are ready to go!!!
At our shop you will be greeted by your private guide who will have your bikes prepared and ready for your tour. Not only will you each enjoy our normal shop services before and after tour, but you will also enjoy complementary bottles of water to take on tour, as well as free ponchos should it rain. As a Private Tour Customer you will also be able to enjoy your bikes after tour for the remainder of the day at no extra charge.
And of course, on tour you will enjoy the experienced leadership of our attentive and entertaining guides. We pride ourselves on a superlative level of personal attention, and look forward to welcoming you on tour!
Fat Tire Tours Holdings, LLC
3801 North Capital of Texas Highway
Austin, TX 78746
Copyright © Fat Tire Tours 2023